Friday, April 25, 2014

Sisters West, Ball, Grow, and Lenker

Hi friends and family!

You hear a lot of things about the MTC. It seems that people either love it or hate it. Well, I love it. But it has been so hard. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life when I have cried so much is such a short amount of time ha ha.
My emotions are so much sharper here! I've never felt frustration like when I don't understand how to be a teacher and a friend at the same time. I've never felt grief like the times when my lessons go horribly wrong. I've never felt so overwhelmed that I find myself speechless before!

But on the flipside, I've never felt so close to my Heavenly Father as when I poured out on my frustration, grief and pain to Him in prayer. I've never felt so tender as when my teacher finally just sat with me and very patiently helped me overcome my mental blocks that prevented me from learning. I've never felt so humbled before. I've never felt so loved. And I have never felt joy like when I knelt with my investigator and listened to her first humble, uncertain prayer.
Missionary work is amazing. I leave in four days for the field and while I don't think I'll ever be completely ready, I feel calm. God's hand has been in my learning all along. He's been listening to my prayers. I'm not in this one alone. <3
By the way, I feel it is important to mention that Sister West is the Best Companion Ever. During gym some odd number of days ago, I hurt my knee and spent the rest of the day limping. She stepped up and took the best care of me! Even though I hate being taken care of. She ignored my stubborn protests and took me up and down the elevator, carried trays for me, got things for me, loved me and made me laugh. By the end of the day my knee miraculously healed itself (no, really though) and our companionship was stronger than ever. She is the best. :)
Speaking of laughing... we were cleaning the showers the other day and I attached this foaming cleaner stuff to an industrial strength hose... and then proceeded to spray myself in the face with it! Turns out I had put it own backwards ha ha. We laughed forever about that! I was soaked! And I smelled like cleaner for the rest of the day!
Yeah, things are great here. But I miss you guys! Four days till I leave for the field! I can't wait!
With love,
Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment