Monday, June 23, 2014

Two Month Mark

Out here on our mission, we have "birthdays" on our month marks. Since I left of April sixteenth, I have a birthday on the sixteenth of every month.
Do you know what this MEANS??? I am now officially two. :) Ha ha.
Guess what? This week was great! We found a new investigator. Actually, he kinda found us. He came to church with a family he's very close to and asked us if we could teach him. Apparently he borrowed a Book of Mormon from their daughter and had been reading it. Talk about people to teach falling right out of the sky. :) But alas, we had to pass him off to the elders over the singles ward because he was in that age group. I'm okay with it though. He's a great guy, and he understood things very well. I feel like he's going to progress in the gospel and it will bless his life very much. :)
Lately, I find myself reflecting a lot on why I came out here. I came out to be obedient, and I came out because I knew I was supposed to. But I think what it boiled down to is that I love the Lord. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I could not say no when He asked me to come out here and serve the people of Arizona. I just couldn't. I love Him too much. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and with that love comes a lot of trust. I just want to live up to that trust.
Love is a funny thing. It it the most powerful motivator I know. It is far more powerful than fear, or greed, or the promise of pleasure. I think that's why, is D&C 121:41-42 we read that no power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, bylong-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned, by kindness, and pure knowledge.
See, God knows that love is the most powerful motivator, the most powerful influence on humanity. We never have to douct that His love for us will ever fail, because we are His children. He knows what we are capable of becoming and He loves us too much to let us settle for anything less. That's why He makes us grow so much, even when growth is painful. :)

Love unfeigned is, right now, what is keeping me here in Arizona. I love the Lord, too much to let Him down. I love my family, too much to come home now. I love the people here, too much to leave them.

Love changes hearts. Love changes people. Love changes the world. So love yourself. Love your family. Love your neighbors. Love strangers. You will never know how much it will mean to them. <3
Thoughtfully,
Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment