Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sometimes We Swim On the Sidewalk!

I witnessed my first actual monsoon last night. :) After about five minutes of this rain, the roads were flooded with water. I kid you not. Sister Taylor and I had to ride out bikes home in that! It was delightful, but actually a little hard because we couldn't see from all the water in our faces ha ha. 

But then, when we got home, we kicked of our shoes and went dancing in the rain. We danced and sang and jumped and kicked water at each other. Then we laid down in the biggest puddle we could find (still dressed in our Sunday best) and just dorked around in the water. It was the most fun I've ever had in a rainstorm. Somehow, being in skirts just made it a lot funnier. xD

But seriously, this week was a good one. We had two baptisms on Saturday, one of a 9-year-old boy and then one in my last area in Mesa. Her name is Natalie, and she and her boyfriend Taylor are seriously my favorite people to hang around with. They are so much fun. He baptized her, and that was a tender moment to my heart. Because now they can be sealed together in the temple. :)

The longer I spend out here, the more I know that families really are the greatest gift that God has given to us. They are the most fundamental unit in society. They are the center of our lives. There is this quote that I see in so many members homes: "A missionary is someone who leaves their family for a while so that others can be with their families forever." I love that. I miss my family like crazy sometimes, but it is okay. I will be back with them soon enough, and in the meantime, I see so many others taking steps to become sealed together for eternity. That makes everything worth it. :)

We're working hard to find more people to teach (everyone is getting baptized, thus depleting our teaching pool ha ha) and we're seeing miracles every day. Just yesterday, one of our potential investigators called us out of the blue and asked if we could pray for her. That made my heart happy. :) 

Life is good and wonderful my friends. I hope you are happy and well. I hope you see the tender mercies of the Lord in your lives. They are everywhere, not just for missionaries or members of the church, but for every one of God's children. He loves us all. :)

Sincerely, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment