Monday, September 8, 2014

Transfer #4

It's raining here. The thunder and lightning woke me up last night around 2AM. I got out of bed and opened the windows to watch the show for a while. :) There's nothing like an Arizona lightning storm at odd hours of the night. We got up this morning and our whole yard is flooded! And it's still raining! 

Sister Taylor and I have been trying to contact a lot of less-actives lately, and we're teaching a recent convert who just moved into our ward. Her name is Arianna. Actually, I may have mentioned her before. But she's worth mentioning again, because she's awesome and I love her. :) She's recovering from a lot of abuse, and it's causing me to reflect on how much I know about the Atonement.

It's funny, because when you take psychology classes and learn how the brain works, you learn that we're not wired to change. Our brain is a funny thing. It likes to take shortcuts, it likes to take the most familiar route and do familiar things. Once a habit becomes ingrained, it's hard to forge new pathways. 

The Atonement is what makes change possible. I can't scientifically explain it, but the Atonement heals wounds that nobody else can see, and eases the pain that no one else can touch. The Atonement saves people who seem beyond saving. It makes it possible for people to change, when they seem too far gone.

I'm very grateful for my Savior today. Without Him, we would be unable to change. We would be lost forever. Thankfully, we have the Atonement. We have a loving Heavenly Father, who takes care of us and our families when circumstances are outside of our control. :) It's a good things. The gospel is a happy message.

I hope you all have a good week.

Love, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment