Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Hope

So here be the highlights of my week:

We had interviews with President Nattress this week. This is a good moment in every missionary's life. Well, at least mine. :) He knew just the right things to say to hearten me and let me know that I am doing some good here.

On Thursday, it rained for a good part of the day. Which is the closest thing we're going to have to a white Christmas here ha ha. I like to think of the rain as pre-melted snow. :) It was a busy day and we were literally running from appointment to appointment. We got in contact with some part-member families that we'd been trying to reach for a while. We helped one of our wards set up for their Christmas party. They went all-out. I didn't even recognize the gym by the time it was finished. It was like Christmas Wonderland in there!

We met with Ariana, our recent convert. Learned that she is engaged, to be married in Febuary. Yay! I love weddings! And I love Ariana! This is a perfect combination, in my estimation. :) 

Friday was the ward Christmas party. Sister Hutchinson and I served food and I was happy when I was able to greet almost every ward member by name. :) Saturday was the day we met with a bunch of our ward and stake leaders to talk about the people we're working with. :) 

Sunday, Sister Hutchinson and I sang a duet in Relief Society. We sang "Away in a Manger" from the Children's Songbook. It was lovely, I believe. We got lost on the way to dinner, because the house was in a part of our area I didn't even know existed. O.o Adventures abound, I tell you. We also got to watch the Christmas devotional at our recent convert Gus's house. And we helped them decorate the tree. Happy day! :D

So yes. Our investigator Mike worked this weekend so he wasn't at church, but he's been reading the Book of Mormon every day without fail and he loves it! I just love teaching him. :) But he lives in Tucson, so we're getting the missionaries down there involved and he's probably going to get baptized down there. And we won't be able to attend, but that is okay. I'll just be happy to see him get baptized. :)

So... yeah. I just love Sister Hutchinson. I just love Gilbert. I just love these people and this life. Even if there is no snow ha ha. :)

I love you all... have a great week! :D

Cheerfully, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment