Monday, April 6, 2015

Hear the Music

So, this week was just wonderful and fantastic. :) Can I just say I love General Conference? Last April conference, I was preparing to embark on the greatest mission of my life thus far. This April conference, I find myself looking ahead with a determination to grow as much as possible these next 7 months.
One of my favorite talks was by Wilford Anderson. He said that the gospel is like a dance, and the steps can seem so awkward if you can't hear the music. It's so true! From the outside, perhaps what we do seems complex and unnecessary but when you hear the music - when you feel the joy that comes from living the gospel - the dance is incredible and beautiful. Guess what? I hear the music! I know the gospel is true. As is to be expected with every missionary, I've felt my conversion more deeply than I have any other time in my life. I've seen happiness in family and personal lives that I want to be part of my own. And I know following the teachings of Jesus Christ is how we obtain that happiness. :) My determination is to live it every day, every day, every day.
Something happened during conference that sets it apart from any conference I've ever attended. We were at a members home, watching it with them and our investigator Joe. During Elder Hollands talk, Joe kept looking at us and then at his phone, and then at us. He finally handed the phone over and he had his calendar open to June. He said "I'm ready to be baptized. Pick a day."
CONFERENCE MIRACLES. We're planning on June 13th, two weeks before Crofty goes home. He said he just felt so inspired during conference, he knew it was time. We are so excited. It was incredible. Did I ever see this many miracles before my mission? I'm sure I did, but man I am so aware of them right now. Heavenly Father is pouring blessings on us without number or seemingly without reason. Joe is getting baptized! We couldn't ask for anything better!
Basically, life is a beautiful thing. And I love being a missionary still. :) It's weird to think I'm coming up on my year mark in a couple of weeks. People say it goes by fast, but it hasn't felt fast. It feels like it's been a lifetime, probably because there's no way I could fit everything I've learned and experienced into one short year. And I still have seven months left! How much will I learn in seven months? I don't know, but I'm excited to find out. :)
Thank you, always, for your prayers and support. This has been the best decision of my life and I couldn't have done it without so much help from those I love. I love  you all so much. God loves you. Never forget. :)
Sincerely, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment