Monday, May 18, 2015

Time Is Too Short

So, we're pressed for time today. This will be a short email, but I wanted to let you all know I love you. :)

It rained this week. And got down to 60 degrees. In the middle of the day. This is freak weather for May in Arizona, folks. Everyone here is just appalled. Me, I was thrilled to death. :) We were out traced when it started pouring and we got drenched. We just laughed, figuring someone would take pity on us and let us in - but, no one was even home. Oh well, we had fun. I love the rain. :)

With Joe and Amey baptized, we suddenly find ourselves with very little teaching going on. Then, BAM like a strike of lightning a 14 year old kid who has been attending church for years decides he wants to get baptized. Yay! :D

Also, we've been getting several return appointments from people we talk to on the street, which isn't terribly common. We have three appointments today, which will hopefully lead to three new investigators. We're very excited. 

Sister Croft and I see the Lord's hand in our lives every day. This is an amazing time of our lives. Someone pointed out to me the other day that in Ether 12:27 Christ says that if we come unto Him, He will show us our weaknesses so that He came make them become strong. As missionaries, we're closer to Jesus Christ than we've ever been in our lives, so it stands to reason that we see our weaknesses so clearly. And I see my weaknesses often.
But, we have grace in our lives too. And grace is not the absence of God's high expectations, but the presence of His power. I know that through Him, we can overcome all obstacles before us. Even if those obstacles come from within us, our own selfish natures.

God did not send us here to earth to fail, but to succeed gloriously. And I am grateful every day. :)

I love you all. Have an amazing week!

With love, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment