Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Beginnings, Endings, and In-Between

So there is this thing. It's called "This is Sister Croft's Last Week." She going home a week from tomorrow.
She is displeased with this circumstance. She's the kind of person who pours her whole heart and soul into whatever she is doing. So sometimes, it's hard to let go. :) But on the plus side, this week is going to be CRAZY busy for us both. We have at least two teaching appointments booked for every night. I'm so excited! What better way could anyone end their mission??
I'm just so grateful for my companion. I'm very happy that we've been able to spend three transfers together. I feel like she's changed my mission in a lot of ways. She loves this work, and I seem to have caught on to some of that fiery love just by being around her. We've seen so many miracles together, and met so many people that we both just love and adore. We've taught families and individuals who have been able to change their lives as we taught them. The memories made over the past four months have been some of the best on my mission.
Well, in case you hadn't guessed, I don't want to say goodbye to my Sister Croft. :) But don't worry. She's from Utah too, so we'll be visiting. xD
Our new investigator family Duane and his girls are doing so well! All of his dress pants were from before he lost his leg, so none of them worked with his new prosthetic leg. He wasn't able to make it to church. But Tiffany and Sabrina came and they had a wonderful time. :) And he is determined to make it next week. I just love that family with all my heart. Duane has the purest heart out of anyone I've met out here. He is just a dear. I'm blessed to know him and be part of his journey.
With Sister Croft leaving, chances are good that I'll stay and take over the area. This is something that has always caused me anxiety. I don't particularly love being in charge, you know. ;) And I haven't taken over an area since Sister Taylor got transferred away all those months ago. It's been a long time.
But strangely, I feel very calm about the impending takeover. I know I am where I'm supposed to be, and I'm happy to be able to work with the people we have here. Furthermore, I know this is the Lord's work. I'll never really be the senior companion, because He always will be. This is very comforting to me. :)
I hope you all have a great week. I know we will. :) Love you! Don't ever forget that you are loved!
Sincerely and happily, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment