Thursday, September 10, 2015

All the Hard Questions

So. One thing I've learned during the course of my mission is that things usually don't go according to plan. In fact, sometimes, things go COMPLETELY haywire.

This was one of the haywire weeks. Sister Farichild got very very sick. She is in the hospital at this exact moment. The diagnosis was originally pneumonia but as the week went on she got worse instead of better and was admitted into the hospital this weekend, where she will likely be staying for a few days. They don't think it's pneumonia anymore, but they don't know what it really is. They're taking care of her as best they can but she is so sick. 

It's been scary. Mercifully, our mission nurse and one of Sister Fairchild's past companions have been staying with her for the better part of this week and I haven't been with her much. I probably wouldn't handle it very well ha ha. So this means that I've been a solo missionary for most of the week - staying in a trio with my roommates during the day and then taking a member out with me in the evening to go and work. 

It has honestly been one of the hardest weeks of my entire mission. I've seen it where occasionally a missionary has to go solo for a few weeks for one reason or another and it has been one of my worst fears. I never wanted that to happen to me, and certainly not under these circumstances! But while this has been incredibly difficult, I also find that it has been incredibly rewarding. Last night - after 9 hours of church on splits, without a companion - I laid in bed and I realized I'd survived. Not only am I still alive after all this, but I am well. I am alive and well. Each morning I woke up and prayed for the companionship of the Holy Ghost because I have no other companion. I've had to rely on the Lord more than any other point in my mission. I have found that He was there every moment when I needed Him. Even as my companion has been in dire need in the hospital, He hasn't forgotten her companion - a lone, anxious missionary still trying to do her very most best.

I haven't fallen apart, and I haven't quit. It's a victory. 

So, that is my haywire week in a nutshell. :) I completely believe in miracles, and I completely believe that Sister Fairchild will be okay again. I read from the New Testament during the sacrament yesterday, many of the accounts of Jesus Christ healing the sick. I know miracles at His hand happen today, just as they did then. I know she will be okay.

And even admist all this, we were blessed to be able to meet with out investigators and less-actives. Amber came to church again and loved it still! Her fiancee wants to come with her next week, yay! We told her she couldn't get baptized until after they were married and she was disappointed. Their wedding date isn't until March and she was hoping to get baptized sooner. So, stay tuned! This sister missionary's fondest dream is to be able to attend an investigator's wedding and it may still happen! ;)

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. If you would, please pray for Sister Fairchild. I love that girl with all my heart and I miss having her. I want to see her well again. <3

Have a wonderful week! Talk to you soon! Remember, miracles are a real thing!

Love, Sister Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment